To-day is Tuesday – all day and there is one a week. I should be so lucky.
What’s all the fuss? Here’s my plan for a Tuesday morning at least:
- 1hr cycling to a Local Council drill hall from my home.
- 1.5hrs playing badminton doubles with a mixed group of over-fifties ( a number of whom are over qualified, including myself), interrupted only by tea and biscuits.
- 1hr cycling home.
Here’s why I like Tuesdays:
- 2.5hrs constitutes a good day’s physical exercise of a semi-vigorous sort, depending on how fast I cycle and how hard I play Badminton. Certainly, good for the legs and to some extent to the upper body. Aerobic too.
- Cycling is also good mental and reactive practice, planning, navigating and avoiding cars/potholes/opening vehicle doors etc. Most of the route is through two large parks, so there is lots to see and to appreciate depending on the time of the year.
- Playing badminton is a social pastime. Some of it may be a bit modest – the weather, the traffic etc; some story or other; but sometimes politics, religion, morality, aesthetics filter through. There are also some ‘characters’, who can be enjoyed or suffered. Take your pick.
In the afternoon, I get on with serious work; but feel well set up by the morning’s outing in mind and spirit.
More details of one kind or another likely to follow. Watch this space.